Why collaboration is a good thing:
- The brainstorming process creates energy. Always.
- You can learn a lot from people with different skill-sets and expertise.
- The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- There’s always a good story to be told about a collaboration: form or content.
- The digital age means there is a good ‘paper-trail’ for ideas/IP etc.
- Enter with an open mind.
- Leave expectations at the door.
- Communication styles and processes should be noted and preferably acknowledged publicly.
- Sticking points usually indicate important points.
- Never waste time worrying what people think of your ideas. If they don’t like ‘em, they’ll say so.
- Review the process as you go.